KKHSOU Guwahati Result
Know more about Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) GuwahatiKrishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) aims at building a knowledge based society to provide quality higher education through open and distance learning to reach the unreached of the society. The main purpose of the University is to promote education to reach the unreached through the Open and Distance Learning System, with the motto of the University ‘Education Beyond Barriers’ of age, academic background and geographical boundaries.
Along with IGNOU, it is the fourteenth of its kind and the only state Open University in the entire NE India. The University has it’s headquarters at Patgaon, Rani, Guwahati.
KKHSOU, established under the provision of the KKHSOU, Act’ 2005 enacted by the Govt. of Assam & published in the Assam Gazette (extraordinary) dt 29/9/05 has been recognized by the Former Distance Education Council, New Delhi (now DEB,UGC) vide letter no. DEC/Misc/07/5957 dated 03/10/07. The University Grants Commission vide its letter No. F.9-13/2008(CPP-I) dated 18th March, 2009 also has empowered the University to award degrees under Section 22 of UGC Act, 1956.
The University first started functioning with the joining of Prof. SrinathBaruah, former Professor, Deptt. of Economics, Gauhati University, as the Vice-Chancellor of this University.
Courses offered at KKHSOU (Guwahati)The courses offered by KKHSOU are designed to spread education to all the learners of the region.The course structures are at par with the national curriculum. Along with the traditional programmes, the University offers various professional Certificate and Diploma programmes to enable the already enrolled students in various colleges and educational institutions of the state to pursue add-on studies simultaneously with their regular courses.
Presently, the University offers around 40 academic programmes in Social Sciences, Humanities and Professional areas which include Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, M.Phil., PhD, Certificate and Diploma Programmes.
Under Graduate Degree Courses
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) - Major
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Computer Application
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - English-(Major& Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Education (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – Philosophy (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - History (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Sociology (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Political Science (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Economics (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Mathematics (Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Assamese (Major & Pass Course)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - Sanskrit (Major & Pass Course)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- Master of Arts in Assamese
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Social Works
- Master of Science In Information Technology (M.Sc IT)
- Masters in Business Administration
- Master of Arts in Journalism And Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma Courses
- Computer Application (PGDCA)
- Business Management (PGDBM)
- Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Broadcast Journalism (PGDBJ)
- Mass Communication (PGDMC)
- Journalism and Mass Communication (DJMC)
- Creative Writing in English (DCWE)
- Computer Hardware and Networking (DCHN)
- Library and Information Science (DLIS)
- Sanskrit Learning (DSL)
- Commercial Nursery Management (CCNMA)
- Tea Cultivation And Plantation Management (CSTCPM)
- Security Personnel (CSP)
- Counselling Skills (CCS)
Exam Pattern of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU)Undergraduate Courses: All Undergraduate Degree Courses are held in six semesters (3 years). The exams are held in the month of May-June and November-December.
Post Graduate Degree Courses: The post graduate degree courses are held in 2 years. Candidates are required to sit for the yearly exams in the month of May-June. However, MCA courses are held in six semesters (3 years) and M.Sc IT courses are held semester wise in four semesters (2 years).
PhD Programs: The Phd programs are held for a duration of 3 years.
M.Phil. programs: The M.Phil. programs are held for a duration of 1 year.
Post Graduate Diploma Courses: The Post Graduate Diploma Courses are held in 2 semesters (1 year).
Diploma Courses: The Diploma courses are held in 1 year. Candidates are required to sit for one annual examination. However, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND NETWORKING(DCHN) course is held in 2 semesters (1 year).
Certificate Courses: The Certificate courses are either held in 6 months or 1 year, depending upon the course that you have taken.
Steps to check your Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) ResultsStep 1: Log on to the website https://www.results.shiksha/assam/krishna-kanta-handiqui-state-open-university/
Step 2: Select from the list of Announced Results
Step 3: Enter your Admit Card Information like Roll Number etc
Step 4: Click on the submit button and check your result
Step 5: Download the result for future reference
All the best for your KKHSOU Results!